System Restore query?

gazmix 13:29 20 Sep 06

Hi
I've never used this. My mate has on this pc & it is set at a certain date.
How do i know if my pc was ok then & if necessary i could go back to that point!

My pc is running ok now (touchwood), should i set my system restore to this date, or just leave it!

Any advice about the restore appreciated!

Gaz

johnnyrocker 13:32 20 Sep 06

the pc should automatically set restore points any time something is added or downloaded. check it is turned on by right click my computer and check in properties.

johnny.

gazmix 13:42 20 Sep 06

Yeh, is turned on, so each time i download something like i recently had to delete & download mailwasher, it would have reset to that date!

When i go to the Help & Support centre & click on system restore i get a calendar & September is there & all days from the 10th until now are highlighted & clickable.
Does this mean i can restore my pc to any day from 10th to now?
I assume i don't need to unless there is something wrong now & i can restore to the date when there wasn't something wrong!

Is that right?

Cheers

skidzy 13:53 20 Sep 06

Any date in bold is a date and time that you can restore back to,some dates may have 3 or 4 maybe more restore points availble.

gazmix 14:02 20 Sep 06

Cheers
But i guess my understanding of it is right.

johnnyrocker 14:08 20 Sep 06

yep.

johnny.

gazmix 14:46 20 Sep 06

cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…