System restore progs?

muddypaws 11:09 27 Oct 06

Win XP restore is driving me nuts.
Never restores when you need it. Like for a mini crisis yesterday! Frequently goes through the motions and then message ' Cannot restore......'.
I create a new point every day when PC is up and running OK. Tried thre points yesterday.
So what does everyone else use in lieu of Windows. Searched the forums, but can't find any alternatives.
Thanks.

mattyc_92 11:13 27 Oct 06

Acronis True Image is more powerful than System Restore (and more reliable). click here
TrueImage can backup your entire system onto another partition, drive or even removeable media such as DVD-Rs.

It's saved me hundreds of times ;-)

rawprawn 11:28 27 Oct 06

I agree with mattyc_92 click here

Enoch 11:34 27 Oct 06

I have been having problems with system restore also. My post about the problem is somewhere on this forum.

I am now using Norton GoBack in place of System Restore. It seems that I should do a whole re-instore of windows to get System Restore back online, which I am not prepared to do, so Norton GoBack works for me.

mattyc_92 is correct about Acronis which I also use. And I use Norton Ghost and backup alternately with these two onto an external hard drive.

I am a backing up nut, as I lost all a few years ago and swore then I will never be in that position again of a loss of all my info.

muddypaws 11:42 27 Oct 06

Thanks. I do use Ghost for regular back ups, but never been really familiar with the restore facility. I get the impression it takes a lot of space and instructions aren't clear ( to me anyway). Must read them again!. Any other progs?.
Incidentally the problem I had yesterday -see under new thread 'NAV auto protect'. Just in case anyone has the problem.

Enoch 14:19 27 Oct 06

Regarding Ghost, it makes absolute sense to purchase an external hard drive, just in case your internal hard drive dies, as mine has done. Then have Ghost backup to your external hard drive. It was then so easy to have the internal replaced hard drive information, replace the backup onto the new internal hard drive

muddypaws 14:44 27 Oct 06

Enoch. I plan to soon get an external, butI do have two other internals and I put a Ghost back up onto each. I would like a nice simple 'restore point creator like Windows, but one that you can rely on.! Thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…