System Restore problem message

kiaora 14:47 21 Jul 08

When trying to access System Restore on a Laptop I get the following fault message

"There was an unexpected error:

The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded. (ox80070565)

Please close System Restore and try again."

As the above message appears when trying to access System Restore does anyone have an idea how I can close System Restore please?

Kia Ora

rawprawn 17:34 21 Jul 08

Which OS ? if it's XP look and see if you have maximum space available in system restore settings. If thats not the problem try a system file scan.(sfc /scannow)
If you have Vista to run sfc you need to do it through the command prompt opened by using "Run as administartor"

Dogshuman 18:26 08 Aug 08

I'm running the sfc/scannow program right now, it's taking forever. What is the next step once it's done? I've been getting this error and lots of other "computer is at risk" messages for two days now, and each attempt to run the system restore OR Explorer brings on the blue screen of death.

stileguru 19:34 08 Aug 08

Have you tried running system restore in safe mode? Sometimes I have had messages saying it was unable to restore to a former point - no idea why - it didn't say, but it worked if I booted into safe mode first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced