system restore problem

citadel 18:29 20 Jun 03

I tried to update my graphics card driver from the asus driver to a newer nvidia driver that came on disc with a magazine. I was expecting the disc driver to be in an ex folder to save to the desktop to install after i removed the asus driver. When I clicked on it it installed directly without first without creating the folder. When the computer re-started I removed the asus driver the computer re-started with the grey screen. In the add remove section there are no display drivers listed for windows 95-98-me or asus. windows wil not let me install drivers "in order to maintain system stability"
I used system restore. This says it has restored the system but the computer still starts with no display drivers. I am using windows me.

palinka 19:49 20 Jun 03

I also use Windows Me; when I had to do a system restore (for a different reason from yours) I also found nothing had changed, but i was advised that it's sometimes necessary to go back to an earlier restore point. When I did that it worked.
So, for instance, if something messes up your system on, lets say Fri 20th June, restoring your system to Thurs 19th may not have any effect; but going back to Mon 16th, or Wed 11th may do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…