//some 3rd party need geo

System Restore problem...

greenfeld69 18:59 18 Mar 05

Hi

My System Restore says it cannot restore an earlier point, despite having the date there on the calendar.

Any ideas? I have the following event logs:

The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000000D' while processing the file 'MSI37f83.tmp' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000000D' while processing the file 'TESTHDDB.BAT' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000000D' while processing the file 'CHIPSET.DRV' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

VoG II 19:10 18 Mar 05

Try in Safe Mode click here

However, given your other thread click here I suspect that you may have a serious problem that will require a repair of Windows. Do you have an XP CD?

greenfeld69 19:14 18 Mar 05

Hmm...it's on the hard drive somewhere, on a hidden partition, but I only bought the PC a week or so ago and actually ran a clean restore earlier this week!

I've done nothing but install drivers, AV software and a couple of games. Nothing to make it go tits to require such dramatic action!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…