SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS

Chrissy R 16:05 01 May 08

Cant remember if Ive already posted this question or not but cant find it so here goes.
I cant restore to any of the highlighted dates in system restore. The message 'unable to restore to this point' always comes up. Have tried removing Norton but hasnt made any difference.
Chrissy R

MAT ALAN 17:41 01 May 08

have you uninstalled all the elements of norton, did you have "go-back" installed...

Poitier 14:52 02 May 08

I am not hopeful but it is worth trying in safe mode.Did you download and use the Norton uninstall tool?

Poitier 19:25 02 May 08

After further consideration,if you can create a new restore point that works it will show that the old ones are corrupt.If it does not work you will need to disable and re-enable system system restore .(my cmputer/properties/system restore).All past restore points will be lost.

Chrissy R 21:09 02 May 08

Did not download and use Norton uninstall tool - how do I do that? Just clicked on Norton and turned all the elements to 'off'.

wis 21:31 02 May 08

might seem of the mark but have you got ad-adware

Chrissy R 21:37 02 May 08

Have not got ad-aware 2007.

wis 22:05 02 May 08

i ask because a friend had same problem ran ad-aware before deleting infections only cookies i add, used adware to create restore point, tryed
restore went thought worked a treat strange,
ad aware 2007 norton ect all same sort of programs
security, im convinced fire walls ect stop restore

Poitier 13:47 03 May 08

Chrissy R
The uninstall tool can be downloaded from the Norton website but you only need it to uninstall Norton.All you need to do before using system restore is to diable it.If I remember correctly this can be done from the icon in the system tray.Have you created a restore point and tested it yet?This will tell you if system restore is working at present or if it needs to be re-enabled.

Poitier 18:01 03 May 08

Chrissy R
When you disable Norton you turn off live update.You are given 3 options for how long,it is best to select startup.The icon indicates the status.You do not need to turn off anything else.

Poitier 19:17 04 May 08

Chrissy R
Sorry I should have said auto protect and not live update and select restart.I am assuming NAV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…