system restore point wont work

raggy 2 14:20 18 Aug 06

hi Guys
i tried to restore my pc to an earlier date but each time ( have tried several different dates now)it says that it was unable to do this and that my system has not changed, any ideas on this one would be so welcome.

also i am looking to purchase an anti virus software, what is the best one around and the cheapest place to buy it??

VoG II 14:22 18 Aug 06

Start, Run, type

sfc /scannow

and click OK.

click here

No need to pay for anti-virus on a home PC click here

woodchip 15:00 18 Aug 06

If restore will not restore you have to turn it off then back on to make it work. But you will lose restore points. There is no other way to make it work.

Pineman100 15:27 18 Aug 06

Are you sure that System Restore is switched on?

Click Start>My Computer. In the left-hand blue pane, under System Tasks, click View System Information. In the System Properties window, click the System Restore tab. Is there a tick in the box by Turn off System Restore on all drives? If so, click it to remove the tick and click Apply>OK.

This will switch on System Restore, but it won't immediately enable you to restore to an earlier time, because there won't be any restore points.

raggy 2 22:00 18 Aug 06

thanks 2 u all 4 your help and advice it was very helpful.
thanks guys once again

p;3 00:38 19 Aug 06

does the system restore now work? and is it now switched on and have you taken a clean restore point for reference if needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…