System restore needed that can 2-3 weeks ago

julius44 15:42 24 Dec 09

Hello there, my friend has just range me that she's got a slight problem on her laptop, which is vista.....and i told her to do a system restore...but it will only go back as far as dec 17th,.....we need it to go back to at least december 10th....at the latest or at least anytime first week in december. Any way to do this pls?? We tried to create a system restore point but it would only give 17th dec as the earliest,.....and thats where the problem lies....we need it to go back further then 17th

Pamy 16:39 24 Dec 09

If it's not there, then it's not there i'm afraid.

julius44 16:43 24 Dec 09

thanks pamy.....is there def no way then??? I thot system restore,....that u can make system restore go back more???

BRYNIT 16:48 24 Dec 09

Under system restore I assume that friend has selected choose a different restore point this will only show the last 5 days. Below this list you should see a box show restore points older than 5 days put a tick in box. If more restore point are available they will show.

Pamy 16:53 24 Dec 09

If BRYNIT
sugestion does not work I can only advise your friend in future to make her own restore point every week.

julius44 18:17 24 Dec 09

The main problem why she wishes to do this is becos, there are 2 users on the laptop,....and she can no longer get internet access via her own user account, but the 2nd user account works fine with internet access. She's scanned for viruses, but thers nothing.......her own user account has a password, but the 2nd one has no password,.....any suggestions pls??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:16 26 Dec 09

Check the network connection settings are the same for the two accounts and reset the wireless security key for her account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…