System restore ME

terryp96 21:37 28 Jun 05

Been having problems with computer and had to resort to using System Restore, although it showed an apparent number of bold dates it would not work with them, saying something about 'pick a point to restore then click next'. The only one that would work was the evening that I was having problems with continual freezing so I was reluctant to use it but I had no option, it got me going again but why couldn't I use earlier dates?.
The main problem I think that was causing was my Firewall, Preventon which was not allowing me access to Internet for longer than a few minutes, I have since uninstalled it and then installed it again, at the moment it appears to be working.

woodchip 21:44 28 Jun 05

Then your best bet is stop Restore, reboot and then restart it so it creates new restore points

woodchip 21:45 28 Jun 05

And if you still have problems reload ME over it's self

terryp96 21:54 28 Jun 05

Woodchip, don't follow you, what do you mean. Please spell it out, not very experienced .
Don't think I have the ME discs

SANTOS7 22:01 28 Jun 05

click here
this may help,good luck........

woodchip 22:04 28 Jun 05

I use Win98 and two XP comps not got ME but you should Be able to turn the Restore off, it will clear old restore points. then after rebooting your computer turn the Restore program back on and create a new Restore point while the computer is running something like

woodchip 22:06 28 Jun 05

PS you annot use the restore discs to do a Repair unless they have been made to do that. It would wipe everything from C:\ and reinstall as when the computer was new

VoG II 22:15 28 Jun 05
  terryp96 22:26 28 Jun 05

Thanks everyone for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…