System Restore ME

ternard 00:18 31 Dec 04

I get the message that Restore Point cannot be created until Computer is restarted. I have searched for the wininit.ini file as suggested in Microsoft Knowledge Base, and renamed it. But every time I boot up, another Wininit.ini file is created. I have uninstalled Ad-aware, but that made no difference. Any ideas please?
The file created is always the same,
GLB1A2B.exe.
I have done a virus scan, trojan scan, and scan with SpyBot.

Forum Editor 00:59 31 Dec 04

is an old friend..........it crops up regularly, and you'll undoubtedly find that someone will tell you it's a virus, or a Trojan - you'll even see it mentioned as such on some web forums.

The truth is that the file is created by the AdAware installer, and it's perfectly harmless. One thing you could try is this:-

Create a notepad file called glb1a2b.txt in the c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files folder

The rename it to glb1a2b.exe

See if that has any effect.

ternard 16:27 01 Jan 05

Thanks for your reply, tried that, still no different.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but no different. But, I am now wondering about deleting the unwise installer, and then uninstalling the programmme and reinstalling again, and I might get a new version of unwise unstaller with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…