System Restore has disappeared

Adamski 11:20 16 Apr 04

I am running Windows ME and my System Restore has suddenly stopped working.

I can get to the System Restore window using the normal routes but once I click on resore nothing happens other than occasionally a blank window opens up.

This seems to have co-incided with a mis judged loading of Norton's "G0-Back" from my Norton System Works CD. But as my Norton antivirus had stopped working I tried to uninstall and delete all my Norton applications before attempting to reinstall NSW again.

I have checked that Resore has not been disabled in the Troubleshooting option.

Can someone please tell me whats wrong !

Adam

sattman 11:47 16 Apr 04

Windows protected you when it saw you remove Norton, it could not then restore your system to a previous good point. So it cancelled all.

You should be able to get it back to life providing all is well in the registry.

Go to control panel/system/performance/file system/troubleshooting and click to disable restore system. reboot computor.

Reinstate restore - reboot and leave to see if it begins to create new points.

Sometimes you have to do the process more than once to get it to work

rawprawn 11:49 16 Apr 04

Try running a system file check. Put your Windows CD in & click Exit, go to command prompt & Type sf /scannow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…