System Restore failure WinXP Home

patchiesdad 16:39 28 May 04

I have a multivision XL system running WinXP Home, AMD athlon XP 1600 processor, 256MB PC2100 DDR ram. I have had my share of probs with this machine, but the latest is scary (to me, anyway). The computer will not let me use system restore. I can go through the motions of choosing a restore point, but having clicked on the "restore" button, I get a message saying "the computer cannot be restored to this restore point. No changes have been made". I work at sea, and have been away a fortnight. My son (26yr old) has access to the computer while I am away and assures me all he has done in my absence was to install P2P networking software. In fact, I was trying to restore to a point before the installation of this when this 'fault'(if it is a fault) manifested itself. I have run Norton Antivirus.......clean. I have run SpyBot and followed its recommendations, removing a lot of spyware. Still cannot use system restore. Any ideas please people?

patchiesdad

SANTOS7 18:16 28 May 04

click here this might help, good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…