SYSTEM RESTORE don't work

johnpalmer 10:25 24 Mar 07

My system restore will not restore. I have tried turning it off and rebooting. ZILCH. I have tried repairing "sr.inf". ZILCH. Anyone got another idea.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 9150, and not quite a year old.

The spec is
Pentium(R) 4 3.00GHz (2GB Ram)

Enoch 10:44 24 Mar 07

Type <System Restore> into "Search forum" above on the heading line. You will see we ALL have problems with it. For my part,I now use Norton Go-Back which works for me

Ho-Lin-Sok 10:56 24 Mar 07

Something like Norton or my personal favourite Acronis True Image may be the way to go. System restore is a bit fickle sometimes and does not always produce the desired effect as it can transfer the fault to the restore depending on what it is.

provider 2 10:59 24 Mar 07

Maybe something here or in the links might help: click here

€dstowe 11:05 24 Mar 07

Do you have more than one hard drive installed?

System Restore has difficulty in coping with multiple hard drives.

postie24 11:05 24 Mar 07

Another link click here

Postie24

p;3 11:30 24 Mar 07

if you turned system restore off (??)and rebooted you would surely have lost ALL previous restore points and need to create one now; if that is what you did you will I beleive have lost all you may have had

March Hare 13:07 24 Mar 07

Yes, and what is particularly annoying is that you can choose a restore point and set the restore process going and it's not until the end that it tells you it couldn't restore. Will another restore point work? You have to try each one to see. (And in my experience if one doesn't work, the others won't either.)

Surely the program could incorporate a check on the validity of a restore point BEFORE you attempt a restore?

dhg 15:30 24 Mar 07

I HAD THIS PROBLEM MANY MONTHS AGO . AND USING SUGGESTIONS POSTED HERE FOUND THE ANSWER. IT WAS TO DO WITH NORTON SECURITY.iF YOU CAN'T FIND THE ORIGINAL THREAD I WILL HELP YOU HERE

provider 2 15:37 24 Mar 07

This it? click here

p;3 15:38 24 Mar 07

you need to take the CAPS LOCK off; else it is shouting

I have a feeling that if the restore was turned off then comp rebooted ALL restore points have been lost

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced