System restore doesn't work?

albu 16:03 31 Oct 10

Using xp professional

Hi

I've noticed over the last few months that I'm unable to carry out a successful system restore. Today I installed Medieval Total War, changed my mind and now want take it off my PC. I selected a system restore point to before the game was installed. But got a message saying Restoration Incomplete, you computer cannot be restored to before Medieval Total War installed. No changes have been made to your computer.

Does this mean that no changes were made to my computer during the game installation to merit a system restore or is there a problem with my system restore function?

I use Avira premium antivirus software.

Many thanks for any advice given.

Did you physically create a Restore Point before installing MTW?

birdface 17:16 31 Oct 10

System restore will not work in normal mode if you have the likes of norton and some others installed.
Go into safe mode and try it on there.

wee eddie 04:25 01 Nov 10

How full is you Hard Drive?

If it is too full, System Restore will not have sufficient space to operate.

sunnystaines 07:21 01 Nov 10

disable all security software temp while you do a system restore, many block it including norton.

Sea Urchin 12:08 02 Nov 10

System Restore is not the best way to remove programs (in fact it won't remove them) - you should use Add/Remove programs in Control Panel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…