System Restore does not work in Windows ME

mike424 15:22 13 Feb 03

I attempted to restore some weeks ago and found that no Restore points had been made for several weeks (used to be every day).Since then I have manually made several but when attempting to use them it aborts, reboots and then advises my system has not been restored (no other info!) I have re-installed ME and gone through Troubleshooting in Help but to no avail. Can anyone help?

BarryKeith 15:38 13 Feb 03

This is what usually occurrs with ME restore, it makes a restore point which either dissappears or is unusable. It is probably easiest to turn system restore off and make backups using an alternative method.

JoeC 15:47 13 Feb 03

ME System Restore:- see

click here

and also see

click here

which might provide some help. Typing system restore into Google throws up lots of help sites. : }

brittas 16:26 13 Feb 03

windows does have an update - I have used it and have restored ok !!!

mike424 16:38 13 Feb 03

Thanks Joe C. The first patch did the trick. This knocks out all previous restore points but as they did not work it does not matter.
I understand that one corrupt restore file means that restore will never work again until all points are cleared which can be done by disabling/rebooting and re-enabling.

JoeC 16:39 13 Feb 03

my pleasure. Happy computing ! : }

marcia 19:30 13 Feb 03

can any-one help,
when i use system restore,the calender says you can go back to the previous month, i cant!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…