System Restore Can't

Yimbo 17:00 29 Dec 09

No matter which date I select, the message is displayed "Your computer cannot be restored to this point" I'm using XP home with all the Service Packs, up-dates etc installed! I note also that over the last few days web pages are taking much longer to display, downloads take forever, and my computer generally is very much slower - hence me trying System Restore! Any advice would be welcome!

Technotiger 17:02 29 Dec 09

Are you sure that the dates you are clicking on are shown in Bold print - the other dates are not restore points.

Yimbo 17:04 29 Dec 09

Yes, they are!

Sea Urchin 17:05 29 Dec 09

Try running it in safe mode - keep tapping F8 while booting and then select safe mode from the menu that eventually appears.

Yimbo 17:45 29 Dec 09

Did what you suggested, Sea Urchin, and Sys Res worked in Safe Mode! It has made a big difference to Web Page speed - though for some reason, I took me ages to get through again to PCA site! Other pages opened OK but not PCA! Still, all in all, a big improvement! Many thanks!

Technotiger 17:49 29 Dec 09

PCA site has been having slow-down problems today - so you are not the only one experiencing this.

Sea Urchin 17:56 29 Dec 09

Glad that worked for you - I can echo what Technotiger is saying about the PCA site - it's extremely sticky today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009