System Restore

eljanno 19:17 04 May 03

Can someone give me some info plse. Recently I have ran system restore on my comp (I am using xp pro) because the computer would not boot up to the main screen it just kept on booting then flash of the blue screen then boot again to the safe mode, let windows start normaly ect, screen, and what ever option I chose it continued to do the above. So after about 6 attempts I gave up and left the pc for about 1 hour, when it started no problem, but I got the message that the system restore could not be done. Could someone tell me what's happening here and why system resore is not working I have tried the system resore a few times and got the same unsucsessful message.

howard60 07:20 05 May 03

right click my computer - properties - top left tab - system restore. make sure you have not got a tick in the disable system restore box. if it is working you should have the word monitoring next to the drive letter. There is also a settings button there for adjustments.

eljanno 09:27 05 May 03

Everything here is fine

howard60 12:28 05 May 03

do you mean all is now ok - if so tick the resolved box. if not do you mean the settings seem to be ok? if this is so the microsoft knowledge base does have a solution to restore not working.

eljanno 14:09 05 May 03

The settings seem to be ok sorry, where can I find the microsoft knowledge base.

handy4x 15:35 05 May 03

try updateing with windows update at microsoft .com or click on windows update after installing all the critical updates my pc stoped doing this ps if you have a pirated copy of xp pro it will not install the sevcce pack 1 but the others will install and should solve the prob

VoG™ 15:42 05 May 03

Knowledge base is click here;en-gb;kbinfo

Start here click here

hugh-265156 15:42 05 May 03

click here type words into search box

VoG™ 15:43 05 May 03

Sorry, 1st link should be click here

VoG™ 15:44 05 May 03
  Morpheus© 15:50 05 May 03

VoG™ is not called "click here" for nothing. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…