system restore

Scorpion2112 23:10 01 Apr 03

After several attempts to run system restore I get a message that it was unsuccesful and nothing has been changed.I then have gone through Control panel,System,Performance,File system and Troubleshooting to find that system restore has been disabled. After unchecking the box next to it and applying I have to restart my computer.Having done that and going through the same procedure, system restore is once again disabled.can anyone help me?

Peter E 23:26 01 Apr 03

Have you got enough disk space? Are you running Win XP? System Restore needs a minimum of 200 Mb of disk space or its operation is suspended.

Scorpion2112 23:34 01 Apr 03

I am running on Win ME. I have about 10GB left on hard drive.

Peter E 00:13 02 Apr 03

Yes, but isn't there a slider to increase/decrease disk space allocated to system restore in the system properties dialogue box? It's not set to minimum is it? (I assume it's similar to XP)

Mango Grummit 09:46 02 Apr 03

Scorpion2112, see if this helps. Type into Google "290700usam" Peter E has a point but I think if you check the lowest setting (minimum) is 200mb anyway isn't it?

Peter E 12:23 02 Apr 03

Mango Grummit is right about the minimum disk space and his information may solve your problem. Here's Mango's link click here

Also here's another link which may be useful for anyone looking at this thread who wants to know about ME system restore click here

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Scorpion2112 22:46 03 Apr 03

Many thanks for your help. Esp to Mango Grummit as the download 290700usam did the trick.This is the first time I've used PC Advisor for help. Best move I ever made. System Restore works fine now. Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Mango Grummit 17:32 04 Apr 03

I don't drop in so much these days since the new-comers have arrived but when I do it's nice to help.

And it is, Scorpion2112, especially nice when someone takes the trouble to say thanks.

Thanks to you too, it's always our pleasure!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5