System Restore

wonderwill 09:10 16 May 09

My PC does not seem to be creating system restore points automatically. Restore is switched on - XP Pro

crosstrainer 09:23 16 May 09

Could be a malware or virus infection.

Download and run:

click here

And:

click here

Install and update each of them, and run a full scan (this will take time but it's worth the wait)

birdface 09:25 16 May 09

System restore should be unticked.If so maybe create your own restore point on it.Just dot create a restore point and see if that works.

wonderwill 09:36 16 May 09

System restore is unticked and I have run malware, trojan test and anti virus and there are no problems

birdface 10:13 16 May 09

Maybe turn off system restore and when you reboot turn it back on.And then create a restore point.Was there any reason why you wanted to do a restore in the first place,Were you having problems.maybe better waiting to see if anyone comes up with another solution.

birdface 10:15 16 May 09

click here worth a look

birdface 10:17 16 May 09

Some more from Google.click here=

User-1229748 10:41 16 May 09

if you go into administrative tools then services is system restore set to start automatically,also if you click on the dependencies are they set to come on?

woodchip 11:58 16 May 09

Do you have Norton Ghost on your Computer, As that may have disabled restore. You cannot use both

wonderwill 13:05 16 May 09

Afraid this did not resolve although I have been able to set a point manually and it has restored under safe mode

No Norton Ghost but have Acronis?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…