system restore

123joey123 13:25 09 Mar 09

When I try System Restore it says There is currently no restore points available.

I have switched off AVG and started in Safe Mode but it won't work.

Taff™ 13:33 09 Mar 09

Which Operating System are you using? When you went to System Restore did it say that System Restore was switched off?

User-1229748 14:08 09 Mar 09

go to control panel-system-system protection and make sure the drive(s) you want have a tick in the box.if they have click on create and see if it will create a restore point and at least you will find out if it's working.

123joey123 17:55 09 Mar 09

I'm using Xp and,yes system restore is switched on
Thanks

User-1229748 18:58 09 Mar 09

why were you wanting to restore? if your pc isn't running correctly then virus or spyware can wipe all your restore points.if so you could download update and run malwarebytes and superantispyware in safe mode.obviously ignore if that's not the caseclick here

Taff™ 11:37 10 Mar 09

Have you checked back to find a date in bold which would indicate a restore point.

123joey123 13:51 10 Mar 09

I have two faults which I suspect are registry. Internet explorer takes up top twenty minutes to come up but is immediate in safe mode and,as I said, system restore won't work. I have deleted my AVG in case there was a fault. I have not with spyware but might try it.
Meanwhile I have bought an update Vista disc and am wondering if I just update qwhether the fault will remain or shoulod I do a clean insert but would lose many files.

kindly 08:49 11 Mar 09

If you have gone to the expence of getting an update disc to vista, then I would just go ahaead and do it. The update will put its new file system in place because its different to XP.
Before you start though, think about your periferals. Do they work with Vista. You can do a check on line for that.
You should back up all your personal stuff also because these will be wipped out during the install. If you have a lot, put them onto a DVD disc, that will save a bit of time changing cd's over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…