system restore?

diddi.ash 11:51 17 Aug 07

I have tryed to do system restore back 3 months but when computer has restarted i get a red x and says restore incomplete could not restore to this point, yes my computer automatically does a restore check point, can anyone suggest?

rawprawn 11:54 17 Aug 07

Have you tried another date?

diddi.ash 11:56 17 Aug 07

yes i have tryed loads, only works for last week but need to fix computer so need to back 3 months

rawprawn 12:17 17 Aug 07

If system restore is working for dates last week, I think that you have no chance of resurrecting your computer to a date 3 monthes back. Can you tell us what is wrong that you need to use system restore.

mick7 12:56 17 Aug 07

I have just had a simmilar problem and I got the system to "restore" where I wanted to using "safe mode" (press f8 on starting PC) restore. good luck.

diddi.ash 13:12 17 Aug 07

i want to restore to back before my computer started going funny, ie.. i have had to uninstall incredimail cause it started playing up, it would not receive messages,cant even reinstall it as i get my messages back up with the new one and still have the same problem then i keep getting pop ups even though i got pop up stopper, sometimes i keep getting no page available for websites and have to refresh them, computer runs slow when i have 3 programs or more going at the same time..

Not very computer literate so would be worried using the safe mode, dont know how!!

Probabilitydrive 13:33 17 Aug 07

to get into safe mode keep tapping the 'F8' key on your keyboard. Safe mode loads only the essential drivers and once there go access system restore and try from there a restore.

Info on how to get into safe mode click here

rawprawn 13:35 17 Aug 07

click here Download and run this program using both "Clean" and "Registry" then try reinstalling you mail program

mfletch 13:42 17 Aug 07

Hi What AntiVirus software are you using?

If its Norton you have to disconnect from the Internet and disable Norton then do a system restore

click here

mfletch

diddi.ash 14:00 17 Aug 07

i am running AVG free edition

mick7 20:51 17 Aug 07

I am running AVG, and tried disabling it to run "systems restore", but it still refused to restore.No problem after using safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac