System Restore

cyberwaste 16:05 30 Sep 06

Hello all, a slight problem here. My aunt has a Dell Inspiron 1300 and something has happened to her internet so she tried deleting a few stuff, but obviously made everything worse for herself, so asked me to try and resolve this. My theory was to do a simple system restore/reboot with a recovery disk, only to find she doesnt have one and insists one did not come with the laptop... so what do i do? Has anyone got any experience with Dell and is able to advise me? In the Dell Bios under maintenence, there is an option to reboot, but wont let me select it, same as every other option on there.

birdface 16:11 30 Sep 06

Have you tried system restore,Start,All Programs,Scroll to Acssesories, Scroll down to system restore,And restore to a date, Before your aunt started deleting things,

cyberwaste 16:15 30 Sep 06

yeah, but it is still running dead slow.. i mean really slow!! She has deleted things she shouldn't had i think and by the system restore i think wont bring these files back? If it has, there is still something wrong. I have a Windows XP disk, but will i face drivers problems?

Pineman100 16:32 30 Sep 06

Can you be a bit clearer about "something happened to her internet" and "she tried deleting a few stuff"?

Did she have problems with Internet Explorer? If so, what were the problems?

What did she delete?

Please give as much detail as you can - it will help people to help you.

birdface 16:32 30 Sep 06

Try, Start, Run, Type in sfc /scannow, gap between sfc and forward slash, Some times asks for recovery disc, But may run without it,

birdface 16:34 30 Sep 06

Ok. Pineman100,Glad there is someone here to give them a hand, Leave it to you, bye

cyberwaste 16:45 30 Sep 06

I just figured it out. I went into program files and into dell and found the manual and read it. For some reason, there wasn't a recovery disk with the computer, but instead, when the computer boots up, i have to press <ctrl+F11> to enter Symantec Ghost to restore. Definitely wont be buyng a Dell myself with all this hassle. Many thanks for all your help and time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…