SYSTEM RESTORE!!

diddi.ash 10:06 19 Oct 05

I have windows XP home edition and have tryed to restore my computer to an earlier date, which i have done before with no problems but now it wont do it!! when the computer re-starts it says it was unable to go backto that restore point, i have tryed it a few times with different months, it on goes back to july!!

diddi.ash 11:15 19 Oct 05

I need to figure out how to do it as my computer has slowed right down and now my incredimail has all gone black in the browser!!

SANTOS7 11:18 19 Oct 05

click here
scroll down the link good info here on troubleshooting system restore...

BurrWalnut 11:19 19 Oct 05

Try this, Start, Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press enter.

Alternatively, have a look here click here

woodchip 11:22 19 Oct 05

If it's not now working you will have to turn it off and lose all your restore point. Then you have turn it back on so it will work again but you will not be able to go back as the points will be all gone. You need to sort your computer out before restarting Restore.

So post the Problems, You say it is going Slow this can be Virus or Fragmented drive among other things

diddi.ash 11:24 19 Oct 05

I have AVG anti virus and i had a virus that popped up two days ago and it healed it, i think it was a trojan!!

diddi.ash 11:27 19 Oct 05

WOODCHIP- you say i will lose all my restore points if i turn it off but i cant use them anyway!!

woodchip 11:28 19 Oct 05

Restore cannot run as a Result of the VIRUS.

diddi.ash 11:31 19 Oct 05

But i deleted the file that was in quarrantine!!

diddi.ash 11:33 19 Oct 05

I have just checked in the AVG test results, the last virus it picked up was on the 10th and it was healed or if it was sent to quarantine, i deleted it!!

SANTOS7 11:34 19 Oct 05

It might be incredimail that is the problem i have been useing it for some time without any probs at all, few months ago found a virus in one of the letter styles uninstall and reinstall the prog and see what happens.
Spy/malware may also be why your PC is running slow
click here
click here
click here
click here
try the progs on the links if you do not already have them..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…