System Restore

fanrun 23:59 15 Jun 05

Hi I wonder if anyone can Help me with my System restore every time I need to go back to restore System to a early date and restore it come with duplicate shotcut of everything store in the computer even in control panel Folder Also if I undued to the last restore point it come with more Shortcut every time any idea Why?

Graham ® 08:47 16 Jun 05

I suggest you run an anti-virus scan. AVG:
click here

gudgulf 10:29 16 Jun 05

Maybe your system restore function has become corrupt.To repair you need to switch it off and then switch it back on again.

****This will lose all currently saved restore points****.

A new one will be created once you switch it back on aggain.

To do this go to Start,right click My Computer and select properties.Then click on the System restore tab then put a tick in the box "Turn off System Restore on all drives",click on Apply then say yes to the box that pops up warning of the loss of all restore points,then click OK.

Then repeat the process but this time remove the tick from the box then click Apply and Ok.

To check that this has worked you need to make a couple ofmanual restore points(or wait while your system makes automatic ones)then try a restore and see if it works correctly this time.

Jackcoms 14:31 16 Jun 05

And with System Restore switched OFF run complete scans with all your AV and anti-malware programs. Ensure that the programs have up-to-date definitions before scanning.

This will ensure that any nasties which were caught in memory between restore points are eliminated.

Turn System Restore back on when all scans are finished.

wee eddie 15:30 16 Jun 05

Why do you keep wanting to use System Restore?

Maybe we should address that problem first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…