system restore

sms 21:00 21 Apr 05

can system restore be set to make automatic restore points

Technotiger 21:03 21 Apr 05

Hi, System Restore does this as a matter of course.

Cheers.

VoG II 21:04 21 Apr 05

It should do about one a day, on average.

dogbreath1 21:04 21 Apr 05
  SANTOS7 21:07 21 Apr 05

It makes checkpoints by default but there is no facility to set auto restore points,wouldn't be much use to you if it was auto setting in the middle of problems that system restore is designed to eliminate, the idea is to ensure your PC is optomised, spy/malware trojan free then set a restore point so if anything does go wrong you know you are going to restore your PC to a good working state.

Chris,M 21:13 21 Apr 05

System restore usually only sets its own RESTORE point if and when you make deliberate changes like install or uninstall a program or whatever. In other words it will detect any changes to your system and set a resore point. For example - i have made no changes to my syustem for the previous two days and when I look at all my RESTORE POINTS those days are not restorable. However, I did install some software packages on Monday the 18th and system restore detected this and set a restore point automatically. There is no restore point for the 19th and 20th. Remember, System Restore does use a great deal of system resources - indeed some Geeks recommend disabling it not only in your desktop but also in msc.services - please see Black Vipers recommendations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…