system restore

BRISK 19:04 01 Jan 05

hello peoples, i used system restore earlier and now am trying to use it again and it wont load up.Any help appreciated

Technotiger 19:05 01 Jan 05

Hi, what OS?

BRISK 19:07 01 Jan 05

xp home,sp2

Technotiger 20:31 01 Jan 05

Hi again - have been away for din-dins. What have you done that requires use of Restore again?
If you have made some sort of error you might have accidently lost your Restore dates.
When you try to use it again how far do you get with the process?
Start>Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemRestore>Restore my Computer to an earlier time ........

BRISK 21:30 01 Jan 05

hello again
yeah din dins
then the page is blank
I tried turning off the system restore point and rebooted then turned it back on.
there is a help page on microsft home about if he calender is blank but i have no page at all also i cannot remove some programmes in add/remove programmes and outlook express is working poorley too.system was fine befroe i tried to get back a file i had deleted using system restore.

howard60 21:35 01 Jan 05

once you turn off system restore it wipes all restore points out. When turned back on it will start to create restore points from that moment on.

BRISK 21:39 01 Jan 05

system restore page is blank though howard

howard60 21:41 01 Jan 05

once you switch off - as long as sys res is activated - it will set a restore point. All your old ones are gone.

BRISK 22:28 01 Jan 05

i dont think you understand howard.The actual system restore page is blank no options at all and also search with the little dog in the corner as stoped.Thing is i dont want to format c: as i will lose loads of data.

woodchip 22:47 01 Jan 05

Restore is not for putting individual files back on your computer. It's basically a Fail safe Just to keep your computer working safely. You will have to take more care, If you delete a file as in Explorer go to Edit immediately and click UNDO

beeuuem 22:54 01 Jan 05

You could try (make sure that you have selected show hidden files in forlder options)
Click Start > Run > and type in: C:\windows\inf

Look for the file SR.INF and "right click" on it

Now select Install from the menu...

Follow the prompts, Reboot and System Restore will be ready to use. (you may be asked for the XP CD)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…