System Restore.

Meshuga 14:11 16 Dec 04

I have been trying to do a " System Restore" on my pc, XPHome sp2" but cannot create a restore date prior to todays date. I have tried by clicking the "Create an earlier time," box and also the "Create a restore point" box but neither will work. They will only restore to todays date. Any ideas please. Meshuga.

Jak_1 14:29 16 Dec 04

Not sure if this is one of the legacy's of SP2 as I have not installed it. Maybe you need to restor System files from manufacurers recovery disk using the nondestructive system recovery method.

Stuartli 14:30 16 Dec 04

Have you also clicked to go back month(s) wise?

If you installed any new programs etc recently there should also be an SR point on that date and time.

SR doesn't always revert back to a wanted SR instead of the current day if there is no advantage in doing so, as I've found out on one or two occasions.

Stuartli 14:42 16 Dec 04

No, it is not a legacy of SP2 at least as far as I am aware....:-)

Seems that if anything goes wrong with an XP system no matter what the reason or area, there's always someone who snaps up the opportunity to blame SP2 if it's been installed.

rawprawn 14:52 16 Dec 04

I'm not sure if I am reading you correctly, but when you say you can't "Create a Restore Point" do you mean you can't "Restore" Because you cannot "Create" a restore point for an ealier time, only for today,at this time.

Meshuga 15:01 16 Dec 04

Hi Rawprawn.Yes, I am trying to put my PC back to a date before yesterday 15-12-04 cannot do so because it will not access any day before today, 16-12-04.

Meshuga 15:05 16 Dec 04

Rawprawn, If I click on Restore to an earlier time it will not do so. Mshuga.

Totally-braindead 15:08 16 Dec 04

Go to start, control panel, system and then click on system restore. Check that system restore is actually on, if the box is ticked then its been shut off.

Meshuga 15:31 16 Dec 04

The box is not ticked therefore system restore is ON.

rawprawn 15:32 16 Dec 04

Are there any Restore Points showing (In bold fonts) for dates previous to today ?

Meshuga 15:41 16 Dec 04

Rawprawn, No None, only the 16th, today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…