system restore

struggle8 16:16 25 May 04

does system restore back up the rejistry as well as normal files on my pc i.e if I make a new restore point then edit the registry if fings go wrong will sys restore put all things back to normal

SANTOS7 16:20 25 May 04

Restore is a component of Windows XP Professional that you can use to restore your computer to a previous state, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files (such as Microsoft Word documents, browsing history, drawings, favorites, or e-mail). System Restore monitors changes to the system and some application files, and it automatically creates easily identified restore points. These restore points allow you to revert the system to a previous time. They are created daily and at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed). You can also create and name your own restore points at any time.

Notes

Restoring your computer does not affect or change your personal data files. For information about backing up personal data files, see Backing up files and folders.
For an overview of the other recovery technologies provided with Windows XP, see Recovering Your System.
For more information about System Restore, see Understanding System Restore.

struggle8 16:25 25 May 04

SANTOS7 I know all that gumph but I would like to know if that includes the rejisry as well

struggle8 16:26 25 May 04

rejistry ithnk thats how you spell it

SANTOS7 16:33 25 May 04

start>help and suport> type in system restore overview> click on this, click on understanding system restore should give you all info you need

Mikè 16:35 25 May 04

No doubt there will be a lot of gumph that you already know but click here

€dstowe 16:35 25 May 04

There are lots of things that System Restore fails to do - it isn't the panacea that it was first cracked up to be.

The best thing is to make a full system backup before making any significant changes to anything in your computer - including the registry.

struggle8 16:43 25 May 04

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…