System Restore

susiepops 07:58 21 Jan 04

I have successfully used System Restore on Windows XP many times but latest attempts have failed. When attempting to Restore the creen indicates that all is going well, the sytem closes down and reopens but I then receive a message that Restore for the date in question failed. I have tried several different restore dates without success.

I am not sure whether the data has been deleted and if so how or whether it has suddenly become inaccessible. I have created Restore points after the problem for testing purposes and they seem to work OK.

^wave^ 08:14 21 Jan 04

possibly corrupt data at that date

susiepops 08:31 21 Jan 04

I do not think so since I have tried a number of different dates including some that were previously successful. If it is a question of corrupt data then the data for all dates has been corrupted and I am unaware of the possible cause.

Any further ideas welcome please.

Big Elf 09:06 21 Jan 04

Have you tried doing it in safe mode? I don't know if it makes a difference but it's worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…