System Restore

Photographica1 12:27 30 Aug 03

Hi All,
I am running Win XP Pro and my system restore does not appear to work.
Whenever I go in to SR it says there are no restore points. I have disabled and then re-enabled it but it makes no difference. The Settings are at maximum disk space - monitoring all drives.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

terminus 12:44 30 Aug 03

Just keep going backwards in the calender, and it will find a point/date too restore to.

ie when you updated or installed something you may have to re--install

mikef. 12:53 30 Aug 03

click here and wait for link, for more info plus other links

mikef. 12:55 30 Aug 03

Flipping M$ links you want article 302976 Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP

WaiKent 13:22 30 Aug 03

maybe no restore points were made? any ideas?

Photographica1 23:47 30 Aug 03

Thanks guys but it doesn't appear to be that simple, I can't go back, the days are not bold and it will not let me go back to previous months, it simply states - there are no restore points avaiilable.
I have looked at the article previously and nothing seems to apply!

hugh-265156 23:55 30 Aug 03

i would first of all set the disc space to use for system restore to a smaller amount.2 or 3% should be sufficent.

have you tried creating a restore point? does it create one ok?if so:

check in control panel/administrative tools/services and make sure the system restore service is set to automatic.if its set to manual then no restore points will be made unless you make them yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…