System resources used by System Restore in XP

CurlyWhirly 20:56 08 Oct 04

I currently have System Restore turned OFF as if anything goes wrong with my PC I can always restore my Drive Image 7 backup.
If I was to ENABLE it does anyone know if it takes up a lot of system resources i.e. CPU usage?
I am not too worried about hard drive space usage as I have plenty of space left on my hard drive!

stalion 21:00 08 Oct 04

have a read answer here click here

CurlyWhirly 21:07 08 Oct 04

Does System Restore cause any performance loss on my System?

Answer: No, System Restore does not cause any noticeable performance impact when monitoring your machine. The creation of a Restore point also is a very fast process and usually takes only a few seconds. Scheduled System Checkpoints (every 24 Hrs by default) are also only created at system idle time so that their creation never interferes with any user using the machine.

Above is the information that I wanted pasted off the website that you gave me!
Thanks Stalion.

stalion 21:09 08 Oct 04

your welcome

CurlyWhirly 21:10 08 Oct 04

p.s. I have now ENABLED it and next time I reboot it will be working.
The reason why I turned it off was I wasn't sure how much CPU resources it used while running my CPU intensive games like 'Toca Race Driver 2' for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…