System resore won't start

youtellme 13:06 09 Apr 07

Hi can someone help me please?I turned off system restore to save up some disc space but when I tried to turn it back on the system restore tab had gone from the properties on my computer.In services it has been stopped but when I try to start it it says "could not start the system restore service on local computer access is denied error 5"I don't know a lot about computers but I've tried everything that I could find on the internet.Could someone recommend something please?p.s I don't have my windows xp disc.Thankyou in advance.

rawprawn 13:09 09 Apr 07

Try this go to Start/Run and type sfc /scannow and hit enter (Watch the space betyween sfc and/)
You will need your XP CD.

rawprawn 13:11 09 Apr 07

Sorry should have read all the way down. You can do it by changing the registry to look on your C:
I will post a link when I find it again.

VoG II 13:12 09 Apr 07
  rawprawn 13:13 09 Apr 07

click here scroll down to how to use C:

moorie- 13:16 09 Apr 07

have you tweaked the services also?
type into run services.msc
check the system restore service is running and not disabled,start the service if stopped

moorie- 13:17 09 Apr 07

doh ignore mine

youtellme 15:14 09 Apr 07

Thanks for the help people.Rawprawn It's asking for xp disc to install the sr.inf file and I don't have it.I really have tried everything,it's driving me insane.All I did was turn it off.

youtellme 15:22 09 Apr 07

IS there a way to sort this without the windows xp disc.Does anyone know what it is that's happend?Thanks.

provider 2 15:38 09 Apr 07

Something here might help:click here

BurrWalnut 15:56 09 Apr 07

How to reinstall System Restore click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced