System Rescources Win xp

u2 01:27 09 Aug 04

Hi again,wondering if you can help with this 1.I run fs2004 and want to free resources in msconfig.Anyone know the basics I need?.

Also how do I find what rescources Im using in wn Me it was in control panel ,sysytem ect.Where can i find it in XP .Much obliged .

AndySD 01:48 09 Aug 04

Windows XP press Ctrl/Alt/Del

Msconfig click here

Windows Services click here

hugh-265156 02:32 09 Aug 04

the sites posted by AndySD above give lots of useful info. i have nothing starting with windows xp apart from my AV and firewall. everything else can be unticked from the msconfig/startup tab if you wish. everything else can always be started as normal via desktop shortcuts or via all programs.

a lot of services are also uneeded by most users but enabled to start automatically with windows by default. i have no problems using the 'safe' or 'gaming' settings suggested by black vipers website.

consider setting up a gaming profile maybe click here see also click here for lots of info.

the best thing you can do though is install lots of ram, min 512mb and 2 gig+ processor for optimal performance. most budget graphics cards will play this fine but you will have to sacrifice quality to get the performance so a fast gpu is reequired to get the very best out of fs9. play around with the display settings and check out the forums in surclaro for some top tips.

hugh-265156 02:35 09 Aug 04

ps. sorry, everything else can not be started via start/all programs or via shortcuts but most things listed in msconfig should not give problems if unticked.

put the ticks back if you have problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…