system recovery/restore

kalstras 15:24 30 Sep 05

i am having trouble with quite a few aspects of the "normal" operating of my computer. I run win/xp and have tried to restore to a previous "restore point" but still no workie.

I cant remeber where, but something called system recovery? or system restore? but i only want to fix the OS and not wipe my computer clean. Can somebody please refresh my memory?

Thank you in advance,
Kal

VoG II 15:26 30 Sep 05

Repair? click here

kalstras 16:57 30 Sep 05

Sorry, but my XP was preinstalled on my harddrive upon purchase (pc world)

Is there a utility the will allow a restore of my OS without losing my files and programs installed after OS?

rawprawn 17:03 30 Sep 05

haven't you got a XP CD, even a restore one from PC World?

leverage11 17:12 30 Sep 05

I had a virus which disabled my system restore. Running Avg did not find the virus. Only when the virus surfaced when I was running Ad aware was I able to correct the problem

Yoda Knight 17:13 30 Sep 05

???

pj123 17:16 30 Sep 05

Is this not another reason to stay away from PC World? click here

or in fact any other supplier of PCs who do not supply a CD/DVD with the O/S (or at least a recovery file) on.

FE if you think this is inappropriate please feel free to delete it.

rawprawn 17:22 30 Sep 05

I agree with you, if that is the case.

kalstras 17:43 30 Sep 05

ffs ppl!? I just want help restoring my computer without losing my files, can you help me plz!!!

no i dont have a back up cd

thank you in advance,
Kal

Yoda Knight 17:50 30 Sep 05

click here if its a system restore that your wanting to do

pj123 17:53 30 Sep 05

Sorry but if you don't have a backup CD or a restore disk then your only option is to go back to PC World and get them to do it for you. Unfortunately, it will cost you and there is no guarantee that your personal files will not be lost. PC World do not have a very good reputation on recovery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…