System Recovery Freeze

kumarisblue 13:17 27 Nov 04

Can anyone help? Am trying to use recovery cd rom (supplied by maunfacturer) in computer running xp home edition because pc says that a file win 32/config file is missing, but when the recovery window appears the computer seems to freeze and is totally unresponsive with the mouse, keyboard etc. the only way to get out of this is turning off machine. When i go into the bios setup there is no detection of ide master drive or slave drive. Is this hardisk failure? if not how can i get machine into recovery mode to repair pc? Thanks to anyone who sees this and is brave enough to investigate and offer help!

Kegger 13:29 27 Nov 04

before we assume you have lost hard drives , you need to check that the cable is seated properly both on the motherboard and the hard drive, to do this you need to open up the computer (with power off)if you have one use an anti static lead to discharge any static, then check both ends of the cable and make sure it is fully seated, until you get your hard drives back you will never be able to use cd recovery disk.let me know how it goes i will monitor response

kumarisblue 13:39 27 Nov 04

Thankyou for replying! Have got to leave computer for an appointment so will have to check cable in pc upon my return. Hopefully sometime this afternoon. Can I continue to post my progress on this issue for you to look at? Once again thankyou so much for responding!

Kegger 13:45 27 Nov 04

normally try and help out between 5pm -6pm most nights but had an early call from sombody else who i solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac