System recovery failure

noobtype 09:51 28 Jan 08

Hi

I just used the system recovery procedure, as I wanted to put my Packard Bell imedia 1508/2 back to factory settings, but it does not work (backup disks are partitioned inside the hard-drive). I press F11 to start the process, get into the system recovery console, where I press option 1 for 'standard recovery'. All seems fine so far - it asks me to wait while software is being installed - then a blue sky with cloudy background appears, asking me to wait again, and that the system will shut down automatically. A blue bar flashes as though something is being installed, and at the top of the screen it says 'windows burnin' (with no g).

Ok so i waited...I left the PC on all night and it was the same in the morning.

Please anyone know whats going wrong here?

Thanks

noobtype 10:53 28 Jan 08

Anyone?

noobtype 19:23 28 Jan 08

Please help me i've killed my PC.

I've since realised that the blue sky screen can be pulled away to reveal an error message:

diskpart was unable to create the specified partition

Jak_1 20:29 28 Jan 08

Did you make the recovery disks at all? Packard Bell usually request you have 3 cd's availlable to burn the recovery disks to, then when you want to re-set to factory default you then go to system recovery and have your disks to hand for when the system asks for them.

noobtype 09:25 29 Jan 08

No, there were no disks. The recovery disks are inside a hidden partition on the hard drive so you don't need physical disks. It installs windows and the drivers and certain software all for you.

By the way I did this before ages ago and the system recovery worked fine then, so I assumed it would again. Only prob is it didn't and now I have no computer.

Windows installs fine, then this erroe occurs at the last moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac