System recovery failure

noobtype 09:51 28 Jan 08

Hi

I just used the system recovery procedure, as I wanted to put my Packard Bell imedia 1508/2 back to factory settings, but it does not work (backup disks are partitioned inside the hard-drive). I press F11 to start the process, get into the system recovery console, where I press option 1 for 'standard recovery'. All seems fine so far - it asks me to wait while software is being installed - then a blue sky with cloudy background appears, asking me to wait again, and that the system will shut down automatically. A blue bar flashes as though something is being installed, and at the top of the screen it says 'windows burnin' (with no g).

Ok so i waited...I left the PC on all night and it was the same in the morning.

Please anyone know whats going wrong here?

Thanks

noobtype 10:53 28 Jan 08

Anyone?

noobtype 19:23 28 Jan 08

Please help me i've killed my PC.

I've since realised that the blue sky screen can be pulled away to reveal an error message:

diskpart was unable to create the specified partition

Jak_1 20:29 28 Jan 08

Did you make the recovery disks at all? Packard Bell usually request you have 3 cd's availlable to burn the recovery disks to, then when you want to re-set to factory default you then go to system recovery and have your disks to hand for when the system asks for them.

noobtype 09:25 29 Jan 08

No, there were no disks. The recovery disks are inside a hidden partition on the hard drive so you don't need physical disks. It installs windows and the drivers and certain software all for you.

By the way I did this before ages ago and the system recovery worked fine then, so I assumed it would again. Only prob is it didn't and now I have no computer.

Windows installs fine, then this erroe occurs at the last moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…