system recovery disk problem!!

amjad11097 20:57 01 Oct 05

hi there, i have just done a recovery for my pc but after it says it has done the recovery and to remove the disk and reset, i get a message saying "ntldr is compressed" and it just tells me to restart but i keep getting the same message when i restart the pc.

can anyone please help me as i do not know what to do!!

i am using xp,

SANTOS7 21:06 01 Oct 05

click here
this will help,good luck..

amjad11097 22:59 01 Oct 05

thanks santos7 i'll try that and see how that goes.

amjad11097 18:12 02 Oct 05

still no luck i still get the reset message.
is there any thing else i can try?
please help!

SANTOS7 18:17 02 Oct 05

Do you get the error message "ntldr is compressed" o "ntldr is missing" if you now get is mising you will need to insert you O/S disc boot from that into the recovery console and repair the files

amjad11097 15:05 04 Oct 05

HI SANTOS I GET THE NTLDR IS COMPRESSED MESSAGE.
BUT I CANNOT SEEM TO GET THE BAT FILE TO DOWNLOAD IT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 04 Oct 05

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

Choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

4. It will then look for your windows instalation and give you an otion to log onto 1. C:\windows

5. Press 1 and press enter

6. It will then ask for an Administrator password, type in the password and prss enter, if you haven,t set a password just press enter.

7. You should now have the C:\windows _ prompt

8. type CD
9. should now have c:\ _ prompt

10. type ATTRIB -C NTLDR press enter

11. remove the XP CD type exit press enter and the PC should reboot ok.

amjad11097 20:45 05 Oct 05

thanks to everyone who helped me with my problem. thanks again all works fine now

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 05 Oct 05

Glad you got it sorted :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…