system and recovery disk

bertrgd 18:14 09 Oct 07

Can anyone please helpI intend to replace mother board with identical one. My problem is my system and recover disk can only be loaded on an elonex computer with a replacement board will the disk see the computer as a different machine if so is there a way round the problem other then buying a new xp disk

bertrgd

skidzy 18:19 09 Oct 07

As long as the harddrive is ok,no problem.
You may find you have to reregister your windows.
Also make sure you load the new mobo driver disc.

bertrgd 10:24 10 Oct 07

thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the hard drive wasc damaged and also needs a new replacement

bertrgd

ventanas 10:33 10 Oct 07

Then you could have a problem. Some recovery discs will load onto any hard drive, and the twenty or so I have from Evesham will testify to this. But others will look for files on the drive, and if yours is like this then you will have two options - buy a replacement drive from Elonex, which will come loaded with the files, or buy a fresh (retail) copy of XP, which is what I've done in the past. Unfortunately both are likely to be costly.

bertrgd 11:05 10 Oct 07

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Elonex went bust last year. However I do have an XP Home I can use just wanted to see if I could use the XP pro save it going to waste

Regards
bertrgd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…