system recovery ACER

nikki2007 15:00 22 Dec 07

Hi

I need to use the Restore Process. I have one one system CD and 3 recovery CD's.

The system restore CD give the following steps but I each time my laptop reboots it just goes back to log on screen. These are the instructions, any ideas:

1) Press F2 during power on. (OK)
2) Select Boot (OK)
3) Select 1st device to CD-Rom (OK)
4) Put CD in drive (OK)
5) Press Esc to return to main screen (OK)
6) Press ESC then Enter to save changes and reboot....(At this point my system just reboots rather than going into the recovery process, should I be doing something else?)

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 22 Dec 07

What you described is setting the BIOS to boot from the CD drive as the first Boot device.

It will reboot, if you have a BOOTABLE CD in the drive you should see a message "press any key to boot from CD"

You need to press a key at this point.

If you are not seeing the message post back here.

nikki2007 15:09 22 Dec 07

I assumed the reboot would be from the system CD but each time the notebook just reboots as normal. The instructions say that during the reboot I should select 'A' to accept, however I don't seem to get to this point.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:13 22 Dec 07

1) Press F2 during power on. (OK)
2) Select Boot (OK)
3) Select 1st device to CD-Rom (OK)
4) DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER BOOT DEVICES Disable the rest (for now)

5) Put CD in drive (OK)
6) Press Esc to return to main screen (OK)
7) try pressing F10 to save changes and exit

nikki2007 17:30 23 Dec 07

thanks finally done it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…