System rebooting druing surfing

bamfiesler 10:41 01 Jun 09

MY PC has started to randomly reboot during surfing. Has done it maybe five times. Sometimes it reboots with no warning but most instances have seen a page freeze for maybe ten seconds the screen goes black and monitor displays 'out of range' message.

Any ideas? I did a reformat a couple of months ago and all has been ok since, apart from the local 'C' disk icon in My Computer being replaced with a text icon.

User-1229748 11:18 01 Jun 09

try right clicking desktop-properties-settings-advanced-monitor and change the refresh rate to whatever the monitor can handle,there should be a box to tick so you can see what it can handle

bamfiesler 11:27 01 Jun 09

The monitor is running at 75hz - always has done - but I am inclined to think it's the gfx card.

bamfiesler 11:30 01 Jun 09

Interesting.... I just closed the display properties box without making any changes and the desktop has just lost the picture I was using as the background image!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…