System re-install - recovery of Itunes library

JP Isleworth 11:36 30 Apr 07

I have had to re-install my operating system and am not sure if my itunes library has been lost. Does anyone have any advice on where to look to see if I can recover it. After a re-install does the computer try and keep old folders, such as my pictures and itunes etc as i have lost 4 months of pics of our 2 year old :(
Re the itunes - As an alternative I have the ipod with all my tunes on, is it backward compatable in the sense that it will I be able to put my library back into itunes - suspect not. Please help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:13 30 Apr 07

If you formatted the drive/ partition as part of the reinstall then you have probably lost your tunes and photos.

A repair install will keep all the old data intact.

JP Isleworth 12:19 30 Apr 07

I didn't do the reinstall, is there a quick way to check? ta

JP Isleworth 12:20 30 Apr 07

I was able to locate software on the drive that was on the old drive, and put shortcuts back to that so would that suggest it was a repair install?

JP Isleworth 13:35 02 May 07

Just to update you - if you ever find that you loose your itunes library - do this. You can download music rescue - click here
A great bit of software that allows you to get music off your ipod. It asks for a tenner but you can just keep replying to the prompts till your music is saved, I choose to pay as a tenner was small price for 4500 music tracks. Then once back on the hard drive you can paste the folders into the itunes library - sorted.

JP Isleworth 10:46 08 May 07

resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…