System problems

saintsangel 19:14 19 Jan 06

I have been using BT voyager 2091 router for a few weeks now and everything has been working great. I have a laptop attached wirelessly and a desktop PC attached via the ethernet cable. Yesterday the plug for the router was pulled out by mistake and now the internet on the desktop PC is not working. The laptop is fine. I uninstalled the software on the PC and then re - installed it 3 times. Accoring to the BT software if the ethernet light and internet light is on there should be a connection to the internet. Both of these lights are on but still not able to connect to the internet via bt or internet explorer. I have just been speaking to bt broadband helpdesk and they said there is something wrong with my pc so they are unable to help. Normally when i connect to the internet on network connections it says bt voyager now it says NVIDIA nForce MCP networking controller.

help!!!!!!

xania 19:23 19 Jan 06

Very much doubt you have a software problerm - more likely hardware. Check to ensure that the cable is firmly attached at both ends. Also try inserting the cable into a differnt socket on the router. You could have damaged the cable, so, if possible try iot on a friend's PC or try a different cable on your own PC.

saintsangel 19:40 19 Jan 06

ive tried the ethernet cable on my laptop and it seems to be working fine. Ive tried 2 different ethernet cables in my pc. oh it is doin my head in

xania 20:39 20 Jan 06

It is sounding more like software. Try ruuning SFC /scannow and see if that finds and repairs a problem. Otherwise, try booting from the install CD and allow it to repair your OS.

saintsangel 23:57 20 Jan 06

i came home from work determined to fix the problem and did it in the most drastic way. I reset the computer to factory settings and then re installed the router software and it was working fine. Just got to re install the wireless usb adaptor which took me 4 days last time!!! Hopefully no one will pull the plug out in the future and wont have to deal with the mega problems I had, thankyou for your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…