//some 3rd party need geo

System often hangs during startup

Scooby7 20:44 26 Sep 03

I have used Norman Virus Control for a long while but recently also added Zone Alarm. Since then my system never closes down correctly - comes up with a fatal error message. Last week I installed Tiscali Broadband which works great - when I get in. Unfortunately booting up is only successful once in every four or five attempts. The system appears to hang prior, or whilst, attempting to load Lotus Suite. I haven't done anything with Lotus - the only thing I can think I did was try to uninstall Zone Alarm, an action which was unsuccessful. A pretty sad situation - if anyone has any ideas at all (keep them simple please) I would be very, very grateful.

Joanne_1 00:30 27 Sep 03

Go to 'start' 'run' then type msconfig, 'enter key' and go to the 'startup' tab untick lotus smartsuite and anything else related, if you use winxp then you should untick everything except virus checkers or firewalls. Restart the pc and that should cure the problem as it sounds like you have things running and conflicting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…