System Not Fully Installed

bob's 14:11 11 Jul 07

I have a Packard Bell computer and it gave the error that the system was not fully installed.The recovery console would not fix the problem either so as we had no recovery disc we had to order a set from Packard Bell.Booted up with the disc in the drive and it went through the process of reinstalling everything and then when it had everything reinstalled it started to reboot and the same message again.Is it the hard drive or a boot virus?

bob's 17:43 11 Jul 07

Anyone

afish 18:43 11 Jul 07

It may apply?
Have a look at the following it may help if not already been looked at.

click here

and

click here

Pineman100 19:23 11 Jul 07

Presumably in order to run your recovery disk you had to set the BIOS to boot from your CD drive. So the problem may simply be that you're trying to boot from the recovery CD a second time.

Have you tried going into the BIOS and resetting it to boot first from your system hard drive? If you do this you may find that your OS will boot normally. Alternatively, just make sure the CD has been removed from its drive when you boot up.

bob's 21:37 11 Jul 07

Thanks guys for your reply.The disk is removed ok but i notice on the Dos part of the boot up it is saying "invalid boot.ini file" and it is trying to boot from c:.The link that is supplied by afish mentions using a crt monitor but i do not have one.It is windows XP home edition and also when it is installing the software on the recovery disk eg.roxio,adobe etc,it keeps shutting down and rebooting and i do not know if this is normal as i never used Recovery disks before.Thanks

afish 11:06 12 Jul 07

Packard Bell and their recovery tools/disks for some of there systems were often pretty awkward to setup.
(believe due to the Tattoo Method)
Not to sure what your system requires etc.Can you post the Packard Bell spec and how old it is? May help possibly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now