System Mechanic - worth buying?

Housten 29 Jun 11

Good afternoon,

I have been using 'System Mechanic' a little while, and it says it is cleaning up a lot of stuff. Is it or isn't it - I don't know!! But I am a little sceptical, however the "free" period is about to run out and I would like to know wether or not this is worth buying OR will one or other of the free programmes that are about do just as well. Any and all advice/help/information gratefully accepted.

onthelimit1 29 Jun 11

I would never use anything other than the free, and well respected CCleaner. It's genuine, safe and can really speed up a clogged PC.

Housten 29 Jun 11

onthelimit1

Many thanks for your comment. I have been using ccleaner - and malwarebytes - for some time, so I will continue with them.

Taff™ 29 Jun 11

Ditto. CCleaner is good enough for most people and there is always a danger that some of the registry cleaners can be too aggressive which CCleaner is not. I know several people who have tried 2 or more registry cleaners to sort out a so called "slow computer" and completely wrecked it. A slow computer usually has an underlying problem which needs to be treated separately.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 29 Jun 11

Had SMv8 I think nothing I couldn't do using CCleaner and a couple of other tweaks for free.

Only advantage is all in one package

Disadvantage is it costs for that convenience.

ams4127 29 Jun 11

I've used it for ages and swear by it. It seems to clean deeper than Ccleaner and I haven't encountered any problems. It seems to keep my system running more quickly than without using it, though there is no way that I could ever prove it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message