System Mechanic no longer opening on my PC!!!

julius44 12:57 11 Jun 08

Hello i purchased system mechanic at a 50% discount from the website over 5 months ago..and it has always worked flawlessly on my pc for fine tuneing my pc etc, but as of yesterday and today when i click on the desltop icon it refuses to open. i've switched off my pc various times but to no avail....it seems to be trying to load, but all it says is 'please wait a moment for the background analysis to comeplete'. This has NEVER happened before, and i'm baffled as to why..and HOW i can rectify it!!

Please help!!

johndrew 14:12 11 Jun 08

I know nothing of this product but from what you say it appears to be carrying out a background scan and needs time to complete it. Have you waited to see if it opens after the scan is complete?

If you have waited and nothing happens, the program may be `broken`. You could try a repair (attempt another installation over the top) which will either offer you the option of a repair or re-installation - you may need your registration code.

If the above fails you could uninstall using `Add or Remove Programs` or going to `Start/All Programs` find System Mechanic (possibly under `iolo`) and using the uninstaller there if there is one. Then reinstall as above.

The other option would be to go to the iolo site and contact their help facility click here. You will probably need to have registered with them so again have your registration code handy.

sunny staines 08:53 14 Jun 08

RM is a good product but their support hopeless.

i had the years free rm6 then after a few weeks failed to open, could not reinstall as it would not accecpt the key anymore all the support could do is refer to their web which did not cover the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…