System Idle Process ~

brge 11:39 28 Feb 04

On task manager processes, this seems to be abnormaly high. Im pretty certain my pc has slowed down a great deal recently?
Any ideas?

brge 11:54 28 Feb 04

Rennaissance 12:03 28 Feb 04

all system idle processes are running real high, but it doesnt use your cpu somehow. Mine does that too, but its not using the cpu if you look at the bottom of taskmanager. Not sure why though.

Chegs ® 12:10 28 Feb 04

Where does one go to view the "IDLE" processes?

Gemma 12:11 28 Feb 04

The System Idle Process at 99% is perfectly normal. The processor does not have a stopped state, it always runs, so the available resource is accounted for by the System Idle Process. If your system has become slow, then it is not because the SIP is taking power, something else is. Note that when you look at Windows Task Manager, it is what is happening at that point in time. You can demonstrate this by displaying the SIP and dragging it around the screen by the title bar. As ths forces Windows to update the display you will notice the CPU load will rise briefly to >50% and the idle process will drop.

brge 12:18 28 Feb 04

So where do you think the problem lies, as far as slow reactions from my pc.

The other day Mcafee detected a virus by name of VBS/INOR.
But despite numerous scans i cant locate it now?

VoG II 12:22 28 Feb 04

Presumably McAfee prevented it from being dropped onto your machine click here

Have you checked for spyware click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…