System has Recovered from a Serious Error

Rogmur 23:14 25 Jan 04

Hi, Forum Members

I have experienced this worrying problem twice in the past week now, without warning WinXP's screen goes blank, then proceeds to restart.
Then the following Error message appears;

"System has recovered from a serious error"
I have two dvd drives one dvd-rom and the other dvd-re-writer (both Sony).
I mention this as I right clicked on the dvd-rom drive to eject a CDRW when the system went awol.
I checked the error report and it produced the folowing gobbldeegook;
C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP|mini02504.01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\ROGERP~1LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER9.tmp.dlr00\sysdata.xml
Sorry for landing this gobbledeegook on you but I have'nt a clue what is causing this annoying problem.
Im running WinXP, on Mesh PC, Athlon 3000+, 512 DDR (400), ASUS 87NX Deluxe Mobo, Nvidia FX5600 Personal Cinema, Creative Audigy 2ZS
I do hope you can help
Kind regards

Rogmur

BBez 23:35 25 Jan 04

right click "my computer", select "properties", then, "adavnced", then navigate to the "startup & recovery" settings, uncheck the radio box under "system failure" for "automatically restart", which will give you a BSOD with error specifics,

have u installed new hardware recently..?

johnnyrocker 23:52 25 Jan 04

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…