the system has detected that the cooling fan is not operating correctly (HELP)

frank9 12 Apr 13

Hello everyone im after some help please im trying to fix a hp pavilion g6 series that was dropped on the floor and now the fan is not working and getting this message (the system has detected that the cooling fan is not operating correctly) i've taken it apart and put it back together again to see if any plugs had come out the motherboard but all looks ok. will it need a new fan or is there any other things i can try .. BIG THANK YOU for any help *8)

Chronos the 2nd 12 Apr 13

Is a laptop you are talking about? The message will be concerning the CPU cooler/fan.

frank9 12 Apr 13

hello chronos the 2nd yes its notebook

Chronos the 2nd 12 Apr 13

If you can and I admit to knowing little of notebooks/laptops, change the fan but that may not cure the problem as the fault could lie elsewhere between fan and sensor.

frank9 12 Apr 13

Thank you for your reply is there a way of testing the fan out to see if powers getting to it.. or what tests can i do to find the right solution. thanks

wiz-king 12 Apr 13

Turn the pc on for a short while, you should see the fan rotating and hear it. If the fan works the it may be the sensor that is broken.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message