System Guard

Petesilver 13:09 25 Dec 10

I have this added to my start up (system guard)but I don't know where it has come from, have looked on Google but it can't decide if its malware or its part of another program I have updated several programs over the last couple of weeks but can't find if it belongs to any of them, so I am confused as what to do, the icon it displays is of a guard dogs face, any help appreciated and a merry xmas

Graphicool1 13:14 25 Dec 10

This is what I found with a Yahoo search...click here

Petesilver 13:25 25 Dec 10

I have managed to solve it It is part of iolo system mechanic which I updated earlier this week, it a pity but there was nothing on Google all that came up was doom and gloom about virus's and malware.Goes to show one must be careful before deleting anything.
Happy New Year

Graphicool1 13:29 25 Dec 10

Further to my findings above, before you 'Download' ~ 'Install' or 'Run' SpyHunter. Be aware of the following. Although I had no problems downloading the file with IE7, my PC PREVENTED me from installing it! Therefore I cannot guarantee wether or not it is genuine. My advice steer clear of it and look elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…